Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'm researching photos that have used lit candles and thinking of using the candle light to give the shadows, the flame can represent my brother who had a bigger part in my grandparents lives, i can work it to make it somewhat over powering. I will take a few test shots next week to se if it works and if it doesn't i will go back to using my phone light but still bring my mona lisa watch into it. i haven't as of yet finished my board because i was unsure about using the candles and i knew that if i leave it any later in my board it will look out of place if it even works at all. I am going to get some other photos of my nana, one that my mum put in a frame that sort of looks like a daguerreotype, it is an oval which will also relate to the oval mono lisa broach, and the shadow from the very first photo on my board how the shadows is circular sort of. then i can start going into the more vintage type of photos, as the photos do look quite old.

5 comments:

  1. Hence the questions about smoke alarms? this looks good, and I like that you are consciously making decisions like the use of the oval being repeated and trialling out different light sources. There is now a second tripod, it is black and lives in my office under the desk. use it. If I am not here on Friday, feel free to have a go at those test shots. Why do you not want to do that this week? I like the depth of thought you are putting into this onine and in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't to because I hadnt had confirmation on using the candles, a tripod will be a lot easier to take photos with cause I have been getting very frustrated with the dangling of the beads and what not it is very hard to keep it in focus. I am happy I changed my concept!! I feel it's easier to communicate this way cause although I talk a lot I find it hard to explain things how they are in my head. Thanks Mrs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't to because I hadnt had confirmation on using the candles, a tripod will be a lot easier to take photos with cause I have been getting very frustrated with the dangling of the beads and what not it is very hard to keep it in focus. I am happy I changed my concept!! I feel it's easier to communicate this way cause although I talk a lot I find it hard to explain things how they are in my head. Thanks Mrs

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool, so now you might need to negotiate with Dayna for space and time in the dark room to shoot. I just told her to persevere with the hanging strings and get someone to help her with it. However, she may opt to do design instead. Still use the tripod. it makes things easier. I particularly want you to experiment with the camera angles and view points. still sick, should be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been helping dayna when i can, and we have sort of been going half and half in the dark room, i am not in photography tomorrow so i will bring the candle on tuesday and start testing it out to see if it works

    ReplyDelete